San Francisco, USA, 12 February 2007 – Autodesk has introduced AutoCAD 2008, AutoCAD LT 2008, Autodesk Design Review 2008, Autodesk Impression 2008, AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 and AutoCAD Raster Design 2008 at its World Press Day event held recently.
-: AutoCAD 2008
Autodesk has introduced AutoCAD 2008 software — the latest version of the world’s most widely used computer-aided design (CAD) software. The latest update to AutoCAD software focuses on improving designers’ ability to quickly and easily document their designs, with a level of control that helps ensure that their drawings look as professional as they require.
AutoCAD 2008 focuses on solving common customer problems in a way that respects current workflows, so that little or no retraining is required to obtain significant time savings. Key enhancements include:
– Simple, intuitive creation, editing and management of annotation scale, tables, text and leaders, to virtually eliminate duplication of work, minimize errors and time spent on workarounds, and support corporate standards for design.
– Customer-driven improvements in functions ranging from drafting to presentation, including more than 35 enhancements in response to customer visits, Autodesk User Group International (AUGI) top-10 feature wish lists, and feedback forms.
“One of the most powerful aspects of AutoCAD software has been its support for designing and documentation in real-world scale,” said Lucio A. Da Silva, CAD manager, Architectural Land Design, Inc. “But combining those elements with associated annotation has been difficult. AutoCAD 2008 makes it transparent for the designer — we think it’s a must-have update that builds on the modeling and visualization enhancements we got in AutoCAD 2007.”
-: AutoCAD LT 2008
Autodesk also launched AutoCAD LT 2008 software, the latest version of 2D drafting application. While AutoCAD software offers 3D conceptual deign tools, advanced rendering, network licensing and deployments and more, AutoCAD LT is wholly focused on 2D drafting productivity for individual users. AutoCAD LT 2008 features the improvements to drafting tasks that are found in AutoCAD 2008.
-: Autodesk Design Review 2008
Supporting the design process by enabling even more extensive collaboration on both 2D and model-based information, Autodesk Design Review software is now available free of charge as a download from the Autodesk website.
The software speeds the design review process with viewing, measuring and markup tools that are intuitive and that do not require CAD software or expertise. Design Review enables all-digital collaboration and communication of design changes between designers and their team members, tracking changes to 2D and 3D designs and allowing easy integration of feedback into Autodesk manufacturing, AEC and geospatial applications, as well as word processing documents and spreadsheets.
New capabilities in Autodesk Design Review 2008 include:
– New and enhanced design review capabilities for non-CAD users, including improved 3D measure and markup, drawing version comparison and better 3D model navigation.
– Better automation of design information with field data, using geo- referenced maps and connection to GPS devices.
– Increased productivity for viewing, printing, and searching designs, including native viewing and printing support for DWF files within Microsoft Vista XPS viewer; HP Instant Printing support for batch printing on HP Designjet printers; and support for on-demand access to ThomasNet’s in depth product and service information from within the design.
-: Autodesk Impression 2008
Autodesk Impression software is Autodesk’s response to thousands of customers who asked for a tool that would let them produce illustrations. Incorporating feedback from more than 30,000 Autodesk Labs beta testers, Impression is now available for purchase.
The application enables uses to create presentation-ready graphics directly from DWG and DWF files, boosting teams’ productivity and allowing clients to experience ideas and explore design alternatives while a project is in development. With Impression, users can quickly produce high-quality illustrations and renderings that have a hand-drawn look, while leveraging the value of their CAD data.
Highlights of Impression 2008 features include:
– Easy-to-use tools for applying pre-built and custom styles. Styles are comprised of everything from strokes that look like pencil work, to fills representing markers and watercolors. Custom styles can be
developed to create a “signature style” for a specific project or for use by everyone in a firm.
– Time-saving features such as Style Mapping. These features let users create multiple images that all have the same look and feel.
– Rapid updating tools such as CAD Geometry Update. These tools allow users to update and change illustrations as a design develops.
AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 and AutoCAD Raster Design 2008
Autodesk, Inc. also unveiled its AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 and AutoCAD Raster Design 2008 geospatial software products at its World Press Day event. The latest products further improve the integration of geospatial data by planning, engineering and operations personnel in utilities and municipal governments. These two applications, combined with Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise Web-based GIS software and Autodesk Topobase infrastructure design and management systems, offer customers and developers alike the right GIS solution.
–: AutoCAD Map 3D 2008
AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 includes new FDO features to improve users’ ability to access and share data more effectively, regardless of its location or file type. Key enhancements in the latest release include:
– Faster access to data using FDO data access technology (up to 90 percent faster)
– Capacity for more powerful analysis and visualization of GIS and CAD data
– Tools for easier import, export and publication of data
– Enhanced interoperability with other AutoCAD-based applications for publication of fully stylized maps
–: AutoCAD Raster Design 2008
Built on the AutoCAD platform and easily added to AutoCAD-based products, Raster Design 2008 helps improve the overall productivity of design teams by helping to streamline access to scanned paper drawings, maps, aerial photos, digital elevation models, satellite imagery and similar digital design data.
Using Raster Design software’s advanced vectorization, raster editing and analysis tools, designers can make the most of their image archives, improve decision making, and enhance project presentations. AutoCAD Raster Design 2008 provides several new features and improvements, including:
– More options for inclusion of imagery in multiple formats, and support for multi-frame images
– Tools for faster conversion and verification, editing and image clean-up
– Tools for preparation of raster data for AutoCAD-based applications, and image capture for better interoperability with AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 software
Product availability will vary by country. Details on purchasing options will be available in the spring at: https://www.autodesk.com/purchaseoptions.