US: Autodesk has integrated the workflows of Navisworks 2017 with BIM 360 to support construction collaboration in the Cloud. The connected solution allows project teams to easily collaborate and coordinate the features of Navisworks with BIM 360 Glue seamlessly.
Using the Shared Views feature, any connected BIM 360 client can create shared views for use in workflows, such as, clash and coordination review. These views would retain view fidelity, including, object visibility (hidden state), object overrides — color and transparency, and section planes and boxes.
Navisworks now supports integration of Autodesk Vault 2017 and Autodesk Recap 2017. Autodesk 3DS Max 2017 has an updated file exporter, and AutoCAD 2017 and Civil 3D 2017 have updated file readers and exporters. Additionally, the file reader and support for ReCap point cloud data have been updated for Inventor 2017. In addition, support for Revit 2017 includes the file reader and exporter.
Autodesk has also announced Navisworks 2017 support for the European (EMEA) region BIM 360 Glue Projects. After sign-in, a user can choose projects hosted in the United States and Europe through the regional server.
The other notable features of the new release include:
- Faster and more reliable model display when loading BIM 360 Glue files, streamlining Cloud workflows
- BIM 360 access is easier and more intuitive with selected UI updates
- CLIC licensing brings cohesive access via a single license, supporting both desktop and Cloud services
- New Arrow Redline Tool allows greater clarity to assist with model markup
- New additions of CADworx custom data property fields
- Viewpoint switching improvements assist with greater performance for more complex and override heavy views
Source: Our correspondent