Many companies are using Autodesk mapping software to efficiently create, manage, and share digital design information and to eliminate time-consuming data conversion. Expanding the capabilities of earlier versions, Autodesk, Inc. design software and digital content company, announced the availability of new releases of Autodesk Map 2004, Autodesk Raster Design 2004, and Autodesk Map Series 2004. The Series is composed of Autodesk Map 2004, Autodesk Raster Design 2004, and Autodesk Envision 8 software, which is the newest version of the former Autodesk Onsite Desktop product. All of these applications are completely integrated to allow users to create, maintain, analyze, and present precise GIS and mapping data in a more intuitive way. Autodesk Map Series gives customers the creation, integration, and maintenance tools of Autodesk Map 2004 plus the raster integration features in Autodesk Raster Design 2004 software, providing the complete toolset that customers can use and share throughout the project workflow. In addition, the Series gives users the complete AutoCAD 2004 functionality. Autodesk Map Series also combines these tools with the new, easy-to-use Autodesk Envision 8 software for display, query, and presentation of mapping and design data.
Features & Benefits of Mapping Tools
· Specify color settings using true color and color books such as PANTONE®, and apply gradient fills to polygon objects.
· Identify, define, and manipulate data in a more intuitive way using classification.
· Move beyond file-based systems with improved Autodesk Map and Oracle Spatial integration.
· Select text or tables from scanned drawings or maps and convert them to AutoCAD text and multiline text (mtext) using Optical Character Recognition.
· Adjust contrast and brightness using the Tonal Adjustment feature to enhance existing photos.
· Manipulate individual colors and entire palettes for 8-bit images using Palette Manager.
· Extend the functionality of Autodesk Envision 8 software with new features in the Application Programming Interface (API) based on Microsoft .NET.
· Take applications and data into the field with special tools and interface options to support Microsoft Tablet PC applications.
· Direct support for AutoCAD 2004 DWG data, so you can capitalize on the world’s leading CAD software data format.