Autodesk has announced its Revit 2018, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018, AutoCAD Plant 3D 2018 and InfraWorks enhancements. Revit 2018 is the latest step in the continual evolution and development of Revit for multidiscipline BIM.
Striving to deliver tools for consistent, coordinated, and complete modeling for architects, MEP and structural engineers and detailers, and construction contractors, Revit features:
- The Dynamo Player, released with Revit 2017.1, is now part of Revit 2018, offering a utility that plays scripts created in the Dynamo graphical programming interface, making it easier for users to apply scripts that can enhance and extend Revit model behavior. This tool lets everyone enjoy the power of Dynamo’s visual scripting without having to be an expert yourself.
- Revit 2018 extends the power of global parameters, which help embed design intent in a model to also apply to radial and diameter dimensions and equality constraints.
- The new coordination model linking lets you use a Navisworks file as an underlay in Revit, making it easier to coordinate with outside teams that might not be working in Revit. This lets you extend Revit and we are excited to see what you start to use this functionality to accomplish.
- Use a Navisworks file as an underlay in Revit
- One of my favorite features, Revit 2018 now includes the ability to schedule and add parameters for links and groups, helping you to better understand and quantify a project.
- Select Model Groups or Revit links as categories when creating a schedule
- Connecting conceptual design into the Revit design environment, Revit now supports SAT and Rhino file import. This enhancement that was part of Revit 2017.1.
- Direct shape imports support more seamless integration with both projects and families
The latest Autodesk InfraWorks and Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 are officially released on Thursday. Throughout the year many of you have met with our product managers and development teams to share your ideas for product feature enhancements.
In order to extend the value of InfraWorks, Autodesk has made significant improvements in its engineering design capabilities to help its customers better use InfraWorks to “work like an engineer.”
At the same time, it is making InfraWorks an even better tool for preliminary design the projects.