Canada – Groupe Alta (Quebec City, Canada) is pleased to announce the release of Version 7.1 of its professional Alta Photogrammetry Suite (APS). This software has been re-branded from its formally known DVP-GS since version 7.0
This updated version offers new and improved functionality that increases productivity.
Key features in this update include:
- On-the-fly contour and TIN using features within the view;
- Export to .asp (an XML based orientation file format) for compatibility with our ALTAVU free desktop viewer;
- Enhancement of multiple filter applications including better control for color balancing and other filters in Orthomosaics.
Other main enhancements in Version 7.1:
- Modifications for 2D snapping;
- Viewing of relatively orientated stereo models (does not require absolute orientation before using);
While APS can function in a stand-alone mode, compatibility is always a major concern for us and our users, therefore this release continues to include plugins for MicroStation (SE, J, 8), ArcGIS (9.2), and for AutoCAD (2000-2007).
Due to Groupe Alta’s evolving R&D efforts, please take note that the Version 7.2 update will be available in October that will include new features and enhancements. Users with current maintenance contracts will automatically receive this update.
Groupe Alta will strive to continually deliver high-quality software solutions that meet and exceed our users’ expectations. APS software has been sold in more than 80 countries since 1989 and is a powerful user-friendly photogrammetric and digital imagery software for mapping and GIS professionals.