US: URISA has announced the results of its 2017 URISA Board of Directors’ election. Kim McDonough will serve in the position of President-Elect and Lynn Dupont, Glenn O’Grady and Bryan Townsend will serve as Directors. They will all begin their three-year terms at the conclusion of GIS-Pro 2017 in Jacksonville, Florida this October.
“I am extremely humbled to have been chosen to help lead this great organization that has been such a vital part of my professional and personal for almost 30 years. My degree is not in GIS, so much of my success in the field is because I have been exposed to some of the giants in the industry through URISA”, said Kim H. McDonough, GISP, Senior IT Manager, Tennessee Department of Transportation, Nashville, Tennessee.
He added, “We are now entering into a new phase of our history as we move to a new organizational structure that will enable us to be even more effective as a leader going into the future. We will need to all work closely together to make this successful, so I will really need everyone’s help. I look forward to what the future holds for our profession and URISA and I look forward to serving as your president in another year!”
Kim will serve as President-Elect for one year and his term as President will begin at the conclusion of the 2018 conference in Palm Springs, California.
Elected to the URISA Board of Directors:
- Lynn Dupont, GISP, ASLA , GIS Coordinator/Principal Planner, Regional Planning Commission, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Michael (Glenn) O’Grady, GISP, Planning Commission Chairman, City of Encinitas, California
- Bryan Townsend, GISP, GIS Manager, York County, York, South Carolina
Teresa Townsend was elected by the membership as President-Elect last year and will begin her term as President of URISA at the conclusion of the Jacksonville conference.
At the close of GIS-Pro 2017 in Jacksonville, the terms of service for these URISA Board members will conclude and we thank them all, in advance, for their amazing dedication and service to URISA:
- Immediate Past-President: Rebecca Somers, GISP, Somers-St. Claire GIS Management Consultants, Fairfax, Virginia
- Treasurer: Martin Roche, GISP, Avineon, Orlando, Florida
- Valrie Grant, GISP, GeoTechVision, Kingston, Jamaica
- Kevin Mickey, GISP, The Polis Center-IUPUI, Indianapolis, Indiana