In the world of fast-paced, ever-evolving satellite navigation technology and , monitoring the landscape and having the latest information is essential. With its in-depth look at market opportunities and trends within the dynamic Mapping and Surveying segment, the European GNSS Agency’s (GSA) 2017 GNSS Market Report is a key resource for successfully navigating this exciting market.
As an efficient tool for mapping and surveying, GNSS is widely used by organizations such as utility companies and regional and local authorities, most often being employed by services requiring centimetre-level accuracy. As highlighted in the fifth edition of the GSA’s popular GNSS Market Report, GNSS’ market penetration of the Mapping and Surveying segment has grown with the launch of Galileo Initial Services, which provides high-precision users positioning services with sub-decimetre level accuracy.
Some of the key trends identified in the Market Report include:
- Growth in the shipment of GNSS devices is driven by the development of the construction sector, which has an increasing demand for both machine-controlled and person-based technologies.
- To counterbalance the aggressive pricing strategies of Asian manufacturers, incumbent manufacturers are focusing on customer services and assistance.
A go-to resource
Regularly referenced by policy-makers and business leaders around the world, the GNSS Market Report serves as the go-to resource for an in-depth look at GNSS market opportunities and trends across an array of essential market segments.
“Providing in-depth information on today’s GNSS market opportunities and a data-driven forecast of its evolution through to 2025, this edition is a must-read for anyone looking to successfully navigate this promising market,” says GSA Executive Director Carlo des Dorides.
New edition, new additions
The GNSS Market Report takes a comprehensive look at the global GNSS market, providing a thorough analysis per market segment — Location-Based Services (LBS), Road Transportation, Aviation, Maritime, Rail, Agriculture, Surveying and Timing and Synchronisation, region and application type, including information on shipments, revenues and installed device base. This edition includes such new features as:
- An expanded section on macro-trends like the Internet of Things (IoT), Smart Cities and Big Data.
- Segment-specific user perspectives, with an emphasis on the increasingly stringent demands of today’s GNSS users.
- The unique added-value that European GNSS (EGNOS and Galileo) brings to each segment and how Galileo is already enhancing the functioning of many applications.
- A special feature on the important role that GNSS plays in the growing market of drones (i.e., UAVs/Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems).