November - December2006
The Geospatial Industry Magazine
Theme: Natural Resource Management/Land Administration/Web GIS
- Digging Information System
Walid Khalf Sayeed Barakat, Mohammed Abdul Mannan
The paper describes a web based GIS application used to share crucial infoemation among different utility departments required for carrying out their digging operations….
- Soil Thematic geo Database for Dubai Emirate
Hussein Harahsheh, Mohamed Elias, AbdulAzim Elniweiri, Mohamed Mashroum, Yousef Marzouqi, Eman Al Khatib, B.R.M. Rao, M.A. Fyzee
The paper discusses a soil mapping project of Dubai Emirat using R.S and GIS,and the methodology followed….
- Potential of Using Web Services in Distributed GIS Applications
Pouria Amirian, Ali Mansurian
This paper intends to evaluate the key problems associated with present GIS services i.e non interoperability, and discusses how web services can overcome the same….
- GIS and Internet GIS Technologies Impact and Challenges in Land Administration
Among the various tools available for land uses and their evaluation, GIS ia a technology, which adds new dimention for its precise administration….
- Overlay analysis of GIS layers to evaluate changes on AL Sammalyah Island
Salem Essa, Ronald Loughland, Mohamed E. Khogali, Abdulmunem Darwish
This paper covers the initial phases of a research project for building a GIS database for AL Sammalyah Island….