Theme: Middle East: Fertile ground for geospatial
- First Person
Eng. Mohammed Al Zaffin, Director – GIS centre, Dubai Municipality
- ISPRS: In Retrospect & Prospect
- GNSS Receivers – Generation next
It is estimated that by 2013-15, there will be up to three times the number of satellites and four to six times the number of individual signals.
Prof. Chris Rizos
- GNSS + INS – Coupled for accuracy
Spatial data has become so readily available that it is now assumed precise and accurate, but how is that accuracy achieved?
- SatRef – What makes positioning infrastructure work?
A satellite positioning infrastructure establishes the reference frame to integrate the spatial information of a region.
- Geospatial Industry: On a positive pitch
Stability of governments coupled with availability of resources and high degree of awareness is keeping geospatial industry buoyant over the potential in Middle East region inspite of economic recession
SPECIAL FOCUS – MIDDLE EAST
In UAE, GIS is considered an integral part of information technology (IT) and many government departments have already implemented or on their way to introduce GIS.
- Environment Agency
Geospatial for environmental sustainability
- Urban Planning Council (UPC)
Enterprise GIS for urban growth
- Abu Dhabi Systems & Information Centre
“AD-SDI is integral to eSociety vision”
- Ajman Municipality & Planning Department
Building Future with GIS
- Military Survey Department (MSD)
Partnering in spatial development
To maximise the value of GIS in Oman, the implementation strategy needs to be reviewed and modified to meet old and new objectives of GIS–and to go with a new trend of the technology.
- Supreme Committee for Town Planning (SCTP)
“Sustainable spatial strategy is our goal”
As same GIS standards are used throughout Qatar, data and resulting applications of all government agencies are compatible, providing a nationwide GIS.
GIS in Bahrain is nearly a decade old. Many GIS applications have been developed to improve the performance of various municipalities.
- Central Informatics Organisation (CIO) – GIS Directorate
“Working towards Vision 2030”