The Geospatial Industry Magazine
Theme: Technology Convergence
- Technology convergence:GIS doing a disappearing act!
Like an inventive mind seeking new solutions, geospatial technology is finding its way into mainstream of applications designed to appeal to the mass market…
- Jane Goodall DBE: A new geospatial messiah
A primatologist, environmentalist and UN messenger of peace – that’s Dame Jane Goodall for one and all…
- Industry: Obama’s stimulus package – Opportunities for geospatial industry?
The ongoing economic slowdown was born in the USA with the financial markets crashing and putting brakes on growth in various industries in the USA to begin with and later worldwide…
- GIS and SCADA: A new dimension in utilities management
It did not take time for businesses to recognise that ‘convergence of disciplines lets the enterprise act as one’…
- Intelligent integration: Semantics for decision making
In a world where about 80% of data has a geographical component, the geospatial…
Ashish Sonal, Ashutosh Sharma
Meru Cabs, which operates 3000 cabs in four metropolitan cities in India. is probably….
- Multi-source data: Integrate and analyse with ontologies
A number of applications in sustainable development, disaster management…
A Sai Venkata Lakshmi
- Tanmoy Chakrabarty
Vice-President & Head Tata Consultancy Services
- Sharon Cottrell
General Manager, Land Information New Zealand
- Department of Muncipal affairs: A promise of collaborative GIS
GIS has always been associated as technology that not only helps in providing…