- This event has passed.
National Conference on Role of Geospatial Technologies to Bridge the Rural and Urban Divide
February 21 - February 23
The Indian Society of Geomatics (ISG), Ahmdabad established in 1993, is a premier society of professionals from government, academia, industry and institutions involved in promoting and popularising Geomatics in India so that it becomes an important part of the information management and decision making processes. It has about 2000 Life Members, 34 Patron Members, 2 Sustaining Members and 326 Annual & Student members as on March 2017. It has 25 very active Regional Chapters located across the country. ISG regularly brings out a bi-annual journal named Journal of Geomatics and Quarterly Newsletters covering all aspects of geomatics. ISG organises Annual Conventions and National Symposia regularly and confers a number of awards to researchers and professionals for their original and significant contributions. More details are available on ISG website (www.isgindia.org).
1. To sensitize the various stakeholder of government and society covering researchers, academicians, professionals, administrators and planners about the role of geospatial technologies in day to day life and
2. To provide a platform to share technological advancement, research and expertise among budding and luminaries from academia, industry and professionals across the board of diversified field of science and technology working for rural development and better urban living.
Ludhiana or Lodiana, is called after the Lodis, which dynasty ruled at Delhi from A.D. 1451 to1526. The city of Ludhiana with the population of two millions, is the District Headquarters and located on the latitude 30.550 North and longitude 75.540 East in the state of Punjab in northern India. It has proudly figured among first 20 cities under ambitious SMART CITY program launched by Government of India The city is known as the industrial hub of Punjab, whose roots go back to the 15th century. This vivacious city has turn out to be a colourful bouquet of different cultures, thanks to its industrial status. The inventive and creative urge of the Ludhianivis noticeable itself beautifully in various activities.Ludhiana is well connected through rail and road with other parts of the country, and about 320km north of Delhi. Ludhiana airport is connected with Delhi, and other nearby airports are Chandigarh and Amritsar with 2 to 3 hours drive. At the end of February, the weather is generally pleasant with minimum and maximum temperature ranging from 8.50C to 210C
- Advances in Geomatics and ITeS
- Urban planning and development
- Rural planning and development
- Tourism and Infrastructure and Industry
- Health and social welfare
- Agriculture and allied fields
- Natural and water Resources
- Climate, Ecology, Environment and Forestry
- Policy, planning, and Governance
- Education, Research and Training
The abstracts with 350 words with five key words in Calibri 12 font size may be submitted online up to 22ndJanuary , 2018. After acceptance of the abstract, full paper may be submitted upto 31st January, 2018. The format for the submission of full length paper will be as per the Journal of Indian Society of Geomatics, (ISG), Ahmedabad including Introduction, Study Area, Material and Methodology, Results and Discussions, conclusion and References. Selected papers after peer review will be published in ISSN number special volume of reputed journal or in ISBN proceedings. The guidelines for the preparation of oral and poster presentations by the authors will be available shortly in the conference website.