The 6th International FIG Workshop on 3D Cadastres will be taking place at the Geo Delft Conference 2018, which will kick-off from October 1-5, 2018, in the Netherlands. The five-day conference will bring together communities from 4 related international organizations, International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS), FIG, Urban Data Management Society (UDMS) and 3D GeoInfo.
The conference aims to attract researchers from academia, industry and government, actively engaged in all geo-information fields to share their research work on a common platform. The deadline for submission of the extended abstract is May 1, 2018.
The workshop will focus on developments in the following domains:
• 3D Cadastre operational experiences (analysis, LADM based, learn from each other, discover gaps)
• 3D Cadastre cost effective workflow for new / updated 3D parcels = 4D (part of whole chain: from planning / design / permit in 3D, to registration / use in 3D)
• 3D Cadastre web-based dissemination (usability, man-machine interfaces, including mobile/AR)
• Legal aspects for 3D Cadastre, best legal practices in various legislation systems
• Large cities, including developing countries
Adding to the essence will be a presentation of overview reports, highlighting the progress in the previous years in four key areas of 3D Cadastres:
1. Legal framework of 3D Cadastres
2. Initial registration of 3D parcels
3. 3D data management
4. Visualization, distribution and delivery of 3D parcels
Extended abstracts should be submitted via EasyChair no later than May 1, 2018. Authors of accepted submissions are requested to submit the full paper by August 15, 2018. Full papers will be included in both the on-line and printed proceedings (available at the workshop), published by FIG with ISBN / ISSN reference. Based on the full papers and the presentations at the workshop, a limited number of authors will be invited (after the workshop) to submit a significantly different/ extended paper to a special 3D Cadastres issue within the international scientific journal ‘Land Use Policy’ (LUP).
Important deadlines for the FIG 3D Cadastre 2018 Workshop are:
May 1, 2018 : Submission of extended abstract
June 1, 2018 : Reviewing
August 15, 2018 : Submission of full paper
October 2-4, 2018 : Workshop