On 21/22 January 2013, the Open Geospatial Consortium, EuroSDR and Geonovum jointly organise a workshop on CityGML for national mapping, at the Institute Geographique National (IGN), Paris.
Registration via: www.geonovum.nl/3dpilot/aanmelden-workshopCityGML
Contact person: Dr Jantien Stoter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics of the workshop
- Develop 3D out of existing 2D data
- Boundary between construction/design (i.e. BIM/IFC) data and 3D geo-data
- Maintenance of 3D data
- 3D and provision of web services
- Extension requirements of CityGML for individual countries/ ADE registry
Other related issues:
- Provision of 3D data as a key task for national mapping agencies?
- National adaptations of standards/CityGML
- 3D and Inspire compliance
- What resources are required to get people started?
- Discussion of potential pilot activities
Deliverables of the workshop:
- List of benefits to the provision of 3D geospatial data by NMAs
- List of barriers of the 3D data provisions by NMAs
- Summary of how 2D/3D relationship is seen
- List of requirements for further developments of the CityGML standard
- Establish if there’s need for a follow-up pilot activity