- This event has passed.
ACRS 2015: The 36th Asian Conference on Remote Sensing
October 19, 2015 @ 12:00 AM - October 23, 2015 @ 12:00 AM UTC+0
We cordially invite everyone to ACRS 2015: The 36th Asian Conference on Remote Sensing to be organized from 19 to 23 October, 2015 at the Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria in Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
As you may know, ACRS is one of the largest remote sensing conference in Asia. Last year, more than 400 participants attended ACRS2014 organized in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. We welcome your active participation to ACRS2015.
This year, ACRS 2015 will bring together students, researchers, scientists, engineers, policy makers, professionals and practitioners from developed and developing countries from and around Asia to share insights into the challenges and opportunities of Remote Sensing and related geospatial technologies in building resiliency and encouraging economic growth and development in one, dynamic Asia. The conference takes place at a significant moment when disasters and climate change continues to negatively impact our people and the community. The conference, therefore, will provide an outstanding opportunity to learn and explore how Remote Sensing will help us build resiliency to these disturbances and to strengthen our capability to adapt to stress and change.
Theme and Topics
In relation to the theme, the conference will have special topics emphasizing the use of Remote Sensing and related geospatial technologies in building resiliency and encouraging economic growth and development in Asia:
- Fostering Resiliency with Remote Sensing
- Remote Sensing for Growth and Development
- Development in Satellite Programs for Asia
There will be presentations and discussions of techniques, applications, challenges and opportunities of Remote Sensing for building resiliency to natural and man-made disasters, disaster risk reduction initiatives, resource mapping and efficient allocation and management, and policies. Recent developments in satellite programs in various Asian countries will be discussed as well.
Regular ACRS Topics
In addition to the special topics, the conference will also provide a venue for the presentation and discussion of techniques and applications of Remote Sensing and geospatial technologies covered by but not limited to the following topics (with sub-topics given as examples):
- New Generation Sensors and Applications
- Satellite Remote Sensing System
- Airborne Remote Sensing System
- UAV/UAS Remote Sensing System
- Hyperspectral Sensing
- Microwave Sensors/SAR /InSAR/D-InSAR
- Laser Sensors/LIDAR
- Digital Camera
- Remote Sensing Applications
- Global Change
- Coastal Zone / Fisheries
- Water Quality & Water Resources
- Agriculture & Soil
- Vegetation & Crops
- Forest Resources
- Ecology / Environment Change
- Land Use / Land Cover
- Geology / Geography / Geomorphology
- Geo-hazards / Disasters
- Mountain Environment and Mapping
- Coastal Zone Monitoring
- Atmosphere / Oceanography
- Urban Change Monitoring
- High Resolution Satellite Mapping
- Nighttime Remote Sensing
- Other Remote Sensing Applications
- Data Processing
- Algorithm and Modeling
- DEM/3D Generation
- Change Detection
- Feature Extraction
- Automatic / Intelligent Classification
- Hyperspectral / High resolution / SAR Data Processing
- High Resolution Data Processing
- Data Fusion and Data Mining
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Spatial Database
- Remote Sensing & GIS Integration
- GIS Decision Support and Models
- GIS Application in Resource Management
- Web GIS / Mobile Mapping
- GPS & Photogrammetry
- GPS Applications
- GPS & Photogrammetry
- Global Navigational Satellite Systems
- Other Related Topics
- RS/ GIS/ GPS Integrated and Applications
- Digital Photogrammetry
- Geospatial Technology for Energy, Health, Pollution, etc
- Digital Earth
- Space Environment / Deep Space Exploration
- Capacity Building / Education / Training
What to Expect During ACRS 2015
Keynote and Plenary Speeches
We have invited distinguished scientists and policy makers from around the globe to share their experiences and knowledge especially on the conference theme.
Technical Paper Presentations
Several parallel technical and poster sessions will be conducted during ACRS 2015. Authors will present their research papers according to the various conference topics.
A large exhibition hall will be dedicated to sponsors and exhibitors for the promotion of technologies, products and other innovations in the fields of Remote Sensing and other geospatial technologies.
Different workshops related to the conference theme and Remote Sensing in general are being planned on during the conference. Further information will be available on the website at www.acrs2015.org/workshops.
Just like in previous ACRS conferences, a number of awards will be given to deserving participants. Details of each award are available at www.acrs2015.org/awards.
- Foreign (International) Participants US $ 150
- Local (Philippines) Participants PhP 5,500
- PhilGRSS Member’s Rate PhP 4,500
To register as a participant, please go to https://www.acrs2015.org/registration/
- July 1, 2015: Last day of Abstract Submission
- August 1, 2015: Notification of Acceptance of Submitted Abstracts; Start of Full Paper Submissions
- September 1, 2015: Last day of Full Paper Submissions
- October 1, 2015: Last day of Online Registration
- October 19-23, 2015: ACRS 2015 Conference Proper
- October 24-28, 2015: ISPRS Student Consortium and WG VI/5 Summer School
ACRS 2015 is jointly organized by the Asian Association on Remote Sensing (AARS), the Philippine Geosciences and Remote Sensing Society (PhilGRSS), and the Philippines Department of Science and Technology (DOST).
For your reference, you may download the conference brochure and flyer through the following links:
- Conference Brochure (click to download)
- Call for Abstracts Flyer (click to download)