- This event has passed.
European Space Policy: Are we on the right track?
June 5, 2015 @ 12:00 AM UTC+0
The European Economic and Social Committee,
with support of the Italian Space Agency,
is organizing a conference entitled
"European space policy: are we on the right track?"
whose objective is to discuss space programmes
on both European and national levels.
The conference takes place on
5 June from 9.30 to 13.30
in the premises of the
Italian Space Agency,
ASI – Agenzia Spaziale Italiana,
Via del Politecnico 1, Rome.
The conference will bring together representatives from European and Italian authorities, from industry and SMEs to address following questions:
- How to raise the awareness of the space sector within Italian society with regards to the goals and needs expressed by the citizens?
- How to promote an effective industrial policy for the development and growth of Italian industry and SMEs?
- Where the cooperation between Italian and European actors should be improved?
- How to increase cooperation between industry, SMEs and public administration?
- What is the long-term vision of the EU space policy?
- How to achieve a greater unity in space programmes in Europe to strengthen Europe's position?
European Union has become increasingly involved in space activities and the need for a comprehensive space policy has become widely recognised. With the Treaty of Lisbon, a specific space competence for the European Union was introduced for the first time and space policy became an EU policy in its own right.
The EU's increasing involvement in Europe's space policy goes hand in hand with increased interaction between the different protagonists in this area. The EU needs to strengthen its cooperation with the Member States and ensure the best possible programme management.