- This event has passed.
Geo for Good User Summit
October 21, 2014 @ 12:00 AM - October 24, 2014 @ 12:00 AM UTC+0
Cost: Attendance is free, following acceptance into the workshop through Google’s application process. Breakfast and lunch on these 4 days will be provided free to participants.
Who should attend?: This workshop is intended for nonprofit mapping and technology specialists. Ideal participants will meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Are employed at a nonprofit or consult for nonprofits; or work in a capacity that serves indigenous peoples
- Demonstrate ability to implement and make effective use of Google mapping technology within their organization.
- Are currently working on mapping projects, or have datasets they want to map.
- Have intermediate-to-advanced technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Google Earth, Maps, Maps Engine or Earth Engine
- GIS experience
- Web/multimedia development
- Programming for Google Geo APIs
- Possess training experience and intend to train others within their organization or in the larger nonprofit community on Google mapping technology.
This hands-on workshop is limited to 100 participants. Due to limited space, we may not be able to accept every workshop applicant, and no more than 2 representatives from each organization will be accepted.
Google is now accepting applications. Apply here.
Please note: The deadline for applications is July 25, 2014. You will be notified of your acceptance in early August. Due to limited space, we will not be able to accommodate drop-ins.