BIM is proving to be a catalyst in bringing about change in the mindset of infrastructure industry — to think about data, not documents; about assets, not projects; and about portfolio integration, not individual assets. And together, BIM and geospatial are providing a competitive advantage to improving project delivery – says Dr Anne Kemp, Director and Fellow, Atkins.
According to her, here are the six key principles guiding the convergence of BIM, geospatial and other disciplines:
– BIM is all about infromation
– BIM is not Data, not documents or just 3D models
– What are the Contributions of Geospatial and BIM
– Why do we need to think assets not projects?
– Garbage in, garbage out and the data in BIM
– Why Information is not about understanding
– BIM implementation: Is it a Technical or adaptive challenge?
– Unintended consequences in implementing BIM