Nigel Clifford is the CEO of Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey is the national mapping agency for Great Britain and is one of the world’s largest producers of maps.
• Investing in academic research looking at deep learning and artificial intelligence.
• AI will help us in decision making.
• Huge potential in AI, need to work a lot before we utilize the full potential of AI.
• AI and deep learning will make findings of geospatial data more accurate and meaningful.
• I would be optimistic about AI impacts, not pessimistic.
• AI and Deep Learning will help manage risks.